Important upcoming events for new Year 12’s:
I wanted to remind all our new year 12 of the upcoming events, and some of the things you can do to prepare for them.
- Extra Guidance Meeting. Anyone who is still struggling with their choices and would like to discuss them further before transition days should email Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an extra guidance meeting – or you can just turn up in the Sixth Form and have a chat!
- Transition days – 24th and 25th June. These are the essential next stages in your progress to Sixth Form. You will have a chance to meet tutors, experience lessons in your chosen subjects, try out your tablet computers, and get to know other students in your year and the year above. There will be games, prizes, and summer research tasks set. Attendance is compulsory – please come to the sixth form entrance at 9.00am on both days.
- Electronic communication. On transition days, you will begin using your Sixth Form email. Please set this up in advance, by going to outlook.com and opening an account using the formula email@example.com. Any problems, call or pop round.
- Derwent Hill. Please return permission slip – I enclose another copy in case it has been lost. No money is due until you enrol, but we need permissions ahead of time. If money is tight, remember you may be eligible for a sixth form bursary of up to £1200. Please email Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org if you think this might apply to you.
- Martin Gray Academy. We are launching a new football program for sixth form students, where we will have competitive fixtures and students will complete a coaching or refereeing qualification. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
- Enrolment. More details will follow, but you need to be aware that enrolment will take place on GCSE results day. Any problems with missed grades can be discussed then. If for whatever reason you are not available on that day, you can provide us with a letter beforehand indicating your desire to take your place up, providing you get the grades. This can be handed in at the school office, addressed to Lorraine Cook, The Sixth Form at Southmoor. You will then be invited to enrol on the 1st September.
I look forward to welcoming you as a year 12 student in September.
Director of Sixth Form