Unit: 1 Computer Systems – Examined Unit
It will cover the characteristics of contemporary systems architecture and other areas including the following:
The characteristics of contemporary processors,
- Software and software development
- Exchanging data
- Data types, data structures and algorithms
- Legal, moral, cultural and ethical issues
Unit 2: Algorithms and Programming– Examined Unit
This unit consists of two sections. Sections A and B that cover the following:
- Elements of computational thinking
- Problem solving and programming
- How computers are used to solve problems and programs can be written to solve them?
- What is meant by computational thinking?
- The use of algorithms to describe problems and standard algorithms
Unit 3: Programming project – Programming Project
Candidates select their own user-driven problem of an appropriate size and complexity to solve.
Through coursework, students gain an understanding of definition, investigation and analysis, system design, software development and testing, documentation, evaluation and how to produce written reports covering these topics